Friday, November 03, 2017

Getting one's priorities right!



I was in a dialogue with a prolific and successful writer friend recently and she mentioned that she logs in 1000 words every single day of the year, weekends and festival days included. I found that to be highly motivating.

Of late, I have not been too disciplined and write in a sporadic manner. 

There are days, I would have written an incisive piece of business writing, one poem and clocked in a few hundred words into one or the other manuscripts I am sitting on. 

Those are good days!

Then there are days when all I can boast of is sundry posts on Facebook. 

Ugh! Excuse me, while I step out and hang my head in shame before coming back to complete this post.

So this afternoon, without opening the time-gobbling Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn and without even starting my Hotmail, I sat down to write.

Here's my report card - 1283 words in less than an hour and a half with at least FIVE physical interruptions.

What do you have to say about that?

Time to pull up my socks and stay inspired!


Picture courtesy - Google Images

No comments: