Thursday, January 18, 2018

Working with a View!





In my last Corporate role, for about the first two years, I had the best office. Even better than the General Manager's, with views out to the garden and lush greenery, with natural light from the Sun, with a large, airy space that could accommodate at least 15 more people. 

And then we began to expand. My delightful office was compromised for the much needed new Point of Sale. I, with my team, was moved to the new, shiny digs in the Basement and in place was created the Patisserie. All ok, all needed, all unavoidable.

Still, in these steep Real Estate times, please avoid shifting staff to basements. It kills creativity and zest and brings in low immunity with all that unnatural lighting, no windows, no-fresh-air harshness of reality.

Give your people a view of nature, Sunlight streaking in, gardens to look out into, at times birds to watch, as much as you can.

So, when I became my own Boss, I gifted myself some of these views from my Home Office.

What say!




No comments: