Thursday, April 05, 2018

Strange, confused Censorship!


I cannot believe or comprehend it. What is happening to the Social Media?

I shared an article from Medium.com written by the very illustrious CEO of Lumi - the pint size power woman Jesse Genet.

Jesse writes about gender inequality at the workplace and relies heavily on humour to belabour her point. In the same vein, she uses the word "boobs" in the title.

When I opened my FB account this evening, I was shocked to notice that either someone had reported that article or FB found the title / article objectionable.

Post that checkpoint FB asked me on my recently posted album of nature, birds and flowers pictures to recomfirm that there was nothing objectionable or around nudity in the pictures in that album.

Should I tell them that the owls and birds and that Spitz in the pic. are NUDE????
On another friend's wall, on a post about Modi bashing, a woman commented on the male banana body part and the trolls got on to her with the choicest abuses, bad words and shamelessly foul language, all under the scanner of Facebook and our Government I reckon.

What gives?

Is it happening only in India or is it a global phenomenon?

Can somebody explain this to me, please???

Here's the link to the very interesting article written by Jesse Genet on Medium - 

https://medium.com/fuzzy-sharp/running-a-business-with-boobs-the-things-i-never-say-ac58a48c674

Picture courtesy - Google Images

No comments: