Thursday, November 02, 2017

Ibaadat's Cycle Pot Stand!




At the risk of becoming the Colony Scrap woman at worst or a master recyclist (pun intended) at best; here's how I have reused an old bicycle. Now it has to be painted in the shade of Ibaadat's Santorinian Blue 
I am of the opinion that there is a soul of a life having been lived in them, that exists in old stuff. The cracks or rusted parts or the overall worn out look lend an exotic charm to things, well past before their "use by" date.

And I hate to throw things into the garbage as much as I can help it. Wine bottles become wind chimes. Plastic bowls banished from the kitchen become planters. Old, broken ladder becomes a rather good-looking stand for hanging pots and garden decorations.

I, recently, coaxed my Husband to bring me an old, ramshackle bicycle.

And he did! Now it stands prettily against the Grecian White walls of Ibaadat. Though there is still work to be done on the area and the Cycle, it still imparts an alluring appeal to the area.


I think it looks rather nice! What do you think?

Photographed by - Karuna Dayal

Implemented by - Master Teju

Ideated and Conceptualized and "been on the back till the task was accomplished" - Moi 








No comments: