Friday, May 11, 2018

The aura and the magnificence of Lucky Manzil!








A friend suggested just now that we should be clicking pictures of old houses and buildings before they are demolished and lost forever, with no record of the beautiful bygone days for posterity.

The thought didn't occur to me before. I wish I had been astute enough to have chronicled them.

So much has been lost - all those barracks including our old official accommodation, lovely, old houses, many of them going back to the British period, houses made by our ancestors.....

Oh! I feel terrible now. I will make it a point to take more photographs the next time I am in Dehradun.

I don't know how long we will be able to hold onto the preciousness my parents bequeathed to me.

Would my Dehradun friends please join in making a virtual repository of Doon, as we knew it and one that is fast disappearing!








No comments: