Friday, October 20, 2017

Temperament controls outcomes!



We are easily the most impatient, arrogant, abrasive generation of all times that also misunderstands things with such abysmal ease.

We get our hackles raised by almost anything and we get our knickers in a twist about nothing.

But then, on a day filled with some virtual heat and dust, there come along some people who leave lasting lessons with their niceness and good behaviour and positivism.

Here's a personal example from an exchange some days back -

I had shared pictures of my figurine pottery in a Gardening Group.

One of the co-members - Sonia - loved the pots and wrote instinctively - "Beautiful! Do you sell them?"

I got offended and shot back - "Thank you for appreciating my garden. But do you sell beautiful things from your home?"

Here follows rest of the exchange, which could have gone in an entirely different, unpalatable direction. 

But it didn't because Sonia made that big difference to it -

Sonia - I didn’t mean to offend you. I’m sorry for that. It’s just that I saw too many beauties at a glance.

L Aruna - Oh! No worries then. And thank you for appreciating. I love them too. God bless

Sonia Puri Dhillon - Thanks! A very happy Diwali to you and your dear ones

L Aruna - And to you and yours too, Love. Thank you for being so lovely and positive about the whole thing.

Sonia Puri Dhillon - It was my fault. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

L Aruna - A fault that you beautifully rectified and left a lasting lesson for me too.

Sonia Puri Dhillon - Something very nice has come out of it. We are friends now. ๐Ÿ˜˜

L Aruna -  

Many a time, it takes little thoughts, shorn of all ego and anger, to turn things in our favour.

Think about it. 


Picture courtesy - Google Images

No comments: